If you are interested in history and culture, there is much to discover or visit again and again in the Perigord noir. You can visit many fabulous sites such as :
- Sarlat, , the capital of the Perigord noir, is a town you can discover all the year round. You can live strong cultural and gastronomic moments, especially every summer during the Festival of drama games.
- Montignac-Lascaux II, and its famous painted cave, the expression of the genius of the homo-sapiens’s wall painting art.
- The Dordogne valley, with its castles, living testimonies of the 100 years war.
- The Vezere Valley, alias “Valley of the Human”, classified at the World Patrimony of the Humanity, the place where you can find the most numerous caves and prehistoric sites in the world.
The Perigord noir is also a peaceful and quiet rural surrounding where you can practice numerous activities such as :
- walking, riding a bike or a horse : there is a walking path a few metres away from our hotel
- fishing : you can fish either in the Vezere near our hotel .
- accrobranche (rope park) , in various sites a few kms away.
- a gabare cruise or canoeing on the River Vezere or the River Dordogne : departure from Terrasson (10 kms away) or Montignac (10 kms away).
The Perigord noir is also a key place of French cuisine. You will probably enter one of our numerous ‘terroir’ restaurants or walk around one of our local markets, to discover unique tastes.
The market in Saint Genies is indeed to be recommended for you can taste local food in a friendly and festive atmosphere.
View the embedded image gallery online at: